Mr. Jena is an accomplished Hospitality professional with 34 (Thirty-Four) + years of experience, and is a graduate holding Bachelor of Commerce, Osmania University, Hyderabad. He has done Front Office Management & Food Production course from IHM, Bhubaneswar and has also successfully done Honours in Managing Services in food & Beverage Operations through American Hotel & Motel Association. A highly result oriented professional, Mr. Jena is responsible for managing the entire P&L, devising financial & marketing strategies to maintain the leadership position in the market and achieve revenue & profit targets by delivering service excellence.
Mr Jena’s achievements have been highlighted below and are as follows:
• With Phoenix Market city Mumbai - one of the largest malls in India, having over 300 stores of national and international brands spread over 1.2 million Sqft. with a sale of INR 1200 Cr, annually. Responsible for the overall P&L, business development, marketing strategy, property management, legal risk mitigation, PR & liaisoning, EHS-FLS, security, engineering services and delivering service excellence to the customers of the property. Have been successful in achieving year-on-year growth of over 10% in the overall mall sales and EBITDA of over 108%. Won multiple awards for the Centre like- Best Shopping Destination in India, Best Entertainment & Events Destination in Mumbai, Best Marketing Campaigns and The Safest Mall in India.
• As the General Manager of The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort Goa was responsible for the operations and business development of the 265 Room Luxurious resort spread over 87 Acres having private Golf Course and extensive MICE and Leisure facilities. Took the property turnover from INR 40 Cr p.a to INR 70 Cr. p,a. in a span of 3 years with a GOP of over 45%
• As Area General Manager, with Royal Orchid Hotels Ltd., was responsible for operations and profitability of properties in Gujarat, Rajasthan and Chandigarh. Also did the preopening and launching of the 200 Room 5-star flagship property Regenta One at Hyderabad in 2012,
• As General Manager with Oakwood Asia Pacific, managed their 200 room Flagship property “Oakwood Premier Pune”. Took over the property during the most turbulent times in the Pune hospitality scenario and achieved: 37% higher Occupancy, 40% higher Hotel Revenue, 22% higher room revenue, 30% higher F&B revenue, compared to the previous Year.
• Received the “MP Tourism Award of Best City Hotel” for Fortune Landmark Indore from the Honorary Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shri. Shivraj Chouhan at Bhopal in May 2010.
• Awarded the Most Admired GM of the year (Business Hotel) 2009-10 by the Golden Star Awards at Mumbai.
• Won the National Tourism Award for the Best Business Hotel of the year 2009-10 for Hotel Royal Orchid Central, Pune, Awarded by the Vice President of India, Shri Mohammad Hamid Ansari. His last assignment before joining Lords Hotels and Resorts was with Phoenix Mills Ltd as Centre Director, Phoenix Marketcity, Mumbai, Apr ‘17 Onwards